12th Annual Event: Conversation on Race
Time & Location
About the Event
- Date: October 17th, 2017
- Time: 5:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Location: Rivers Edge Convention Center 10 4th Ave. S. St. Cloud, MN 56301
- Interpreters available: Spanish & Somali
- Dinner will be provided with a vegetarian option.
- Cost: Free, registration required
With the theme, "Building Relationships", the Conversation hopes to bring together people from across the region. Participants can look forward to the evening beginning with food, and then gathering in smaller circle conversations.
Conversations will allow participants to become aware of local initiatives while discussing a topic of interest and its intersections with racism.
This year’s Conversation will be held from 5:00-8:30p.m. to make it possible for more people to attend after their work day.Topics:
- Debra Leigh Equity Through the Arts
- Karin Blythe Refugee resettlement
- Heidi Hovis Race and the law
- Florence Orionzi Immigrants and refugee programs
- Member, Central MN Catholic Worker community" Kevin LaNave: What happens when working on issues of "racial justice" and "economic justice" intersect?
- Metro Bus Transportation, Accessibility and Race
- League of Women voters Democracy and Race
- Mayuli Bales – Human Trafficking
- United Cloud Is the St. Cloud area a welcoming place for ALL people, no matter their race, religion, or ethnicity
- Emmanuel Oppong Mental health and Race
- Lorraine Griffin Johnson Recruiting and Retaining a Diverse workforce
- Kurt Otto Increasing Diversity in your workforce
- Ma Elena Gutierrez Immigration
- Al Johnson why are you failing my kid."
- Dr. Sangeeta Jha Reflections on Intersecting Identities
- Rev James Albert and Jeffrey Oxton Community Police Relations
Download the Flyer PDF Here.New to this discussion?
Designed for anyone who has participated in a COMMUNITY CONVERSATION ON RACE. Through this life-giving process we collectively identify and move beyond the ways we’ve been racially socialized into roles of presumed superiority and inferiority, and create and celebrate antiracist, rehumanizing ways of being together in community.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org